Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Saturday, December 11, 2004

It has been a while since I have posted. I have been a little busy. Two weeks ago I did a 70 km ride around Imha lake. It is really a nice place, and the ride was very scenic.

Last weekend I went to a wedding of a friend of mine. Miss Johngsook Pak became Mrs. Johngsook Pak. Nope, the women don't change names here. It was a typical Korean/western wedding so the ceremony wasn't anything special. Weddings in Korea have been whittled down to a basic formula. The couples are in and out in about 45 minutes, just in time for the next couple. On the weekends, the wedding halls are kind of like marriage factories. The most essential element of a wedding celebration, in my opinion, the reception, does not exist. No fun, no dancing, no time to meet and get to know people.

There was one thing that made this particular wedding special, though, it was the fact that my friend Johngsook got married. She has been a good friend ever since I got to Korea. I am very happy for her and her husband and wish them all the best in the world. Posted by Hello



"Success in Marriage is much more than finding the right person; it is a matter of being the right person."
- Anonymous

"Sometimes it was worth all the disadvantages of marriage just to have that: one friend in an indifferent world."
- Erica Jong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home