Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Ahhh, Tuesday.

Tuesday is a good day for me. Not as good as Saturday or Sunday, but still pretty good. Friday is not too bad either. I only teach one hour on Friday, but that is at 2:00 in the afternoon. Right away, I know I am going to get up late, and then it pretty much ruins the rest of the morning knowing I have to go to work in a few hours.

Why is Tuesday so good you ask? You did ask, didn't you? Well, it's because on Tuesday I finish work at 3:00. I only teach four hours, and then, after three, I am free to go home and do whatever I want. Ride my bike, visit tourist sites, study the Korean language, learn more about the culture, practice some form of artistry, ...

So what do I usually do? Go home and take a nap or sit in front of the computer until hunger draws me away. OK, life is not always that dull here, but more often than not, it is pretty routine and mundane. Korea may be an "exotic land" to you, but to me, it is pretty much like any-town USA, except everyone speaks a different language, I can't read many of the signs, and people occasionally do things I can not understand or begin to fathom why. Come to think of it, being here is pretty much like being a lot of places in the US.

For those of you that are stuck in Korea like me, it appears that they have started showing the teaser trailer for the new Star Wars movie due out next May. Since you can't yet catch the teaser in a theater here (maybe you can in Seoul), go to the Star Wars site and watch it there. Not much new material, but then it is just a teaser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home