Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Birthday Celebration.

A few weeks ago, in Korea and much of the rest of the Asian world, it was Buddha's birthday. One of the ways it is celebrated here in Andong is with lantern festivals and parades. The lanterns are generally made of paper or fabric stretched over a frame.This particular "lantern" was rather elaborate. Not only was it very large, it also moved and breathed smoke and fire. I'll try and get some more of the pictures up soon.

Despite it being Buddha's birthday, unfortunately, they weren't serving any birthday cake.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

Elaborate is not the word... hyper elaborate!
This one is really complicated, I'd love to see it live :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home