Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Friends and Stuff

A friend, Misun Han (pronounced 'me-soon', no I don't understand it either), came down to Andong for the annual Andong Mask Dance Festival.

The mask dance is a cultural thing fairly unique to this area. It is basically a storytelling/play put on by villagers wearing different masks to represent the individual characters in the drama. It can be kind of interesting. The city of Andong has created a whole festival out of this item by inviting other countries to come and perform their own traditional dances. Additionally there are booths with crafts, people selling things, other performances to watch, games to play and food to eat. It is a week long affair that brings in lots of tourists from Korean and abroad. It can be pretty interesting and occasionally fun.

Anyway, Misun came down and we wandered around the festival. The next day we went out to Hahoe village, a traditional Korean village, to look around and see some more performances. While at Hahoe I took a few pictures. I recently put most of those pictures up in my Flicker account for Misun to see. I though I would also let you have a chance to see the photos, too. If you are interested, click the image below to go to my Flickr account and just click forward through the images (if you go backward, you'll see a few older photos).



She is kind of pretty, isn't she. And hey guys, she's not an air head, and she's still single.

"A stranger is just a friend I haven't met yet."
~ Will Rogers

"A true friend is one who knows all about you and likes you anyway."
~ Cristi Mary Warner

"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."
~ Mark Twain

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home