Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Scenery.

I grew up in the desert. Which, I guess, explains why I love desert scenery so much. There is something very special about the vast open spaces, the big skies, and the stark emptiness that really isn't empty.

I love the colors of the desert and the naked, rugged mountains that are often seen on its edges. And sometimes the desert can really surprise you. As evidenced by some recent photos my father took in Death Valley. The rain can perform miracles.

Death Valley in Bloom. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Click the picture to see more of the desert in bloom. Be sure to click the "View Photos Larger" link. (Ignore the first two photos.)

I think anyone who spends a significant amount of time in the desert will grow to love it. Now that I am in Korea, I occasionally miss the scenery from back home.

All that being said ... There is certainly something else to be said for the green of the hills. When spring finally comes in Korea, the amount and variety of green can be amazing. These pictures don't do it justice.








And these pictures were taken late in the greening season. You should have seen the variety earlier!

"The first act of awe, when man was struck with the beauty or wonder of Nature, was the first spiritual experience."
~ Henryk Skolimowski

"Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."
~ Albert Einstein

4 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

Trully green, trully beautiful! Man Korea is so beautiful!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

Ah so, it's not Korea! xD

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Alimamo said...

The green photos are indeed Korea. And yes it can be beautiful. One thing I don't like about all the green though is that for about 5 or so months of the year it all looks dead. Caught in winter's grip.

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi....
really nice...
i hope someday i'll take a nice photo like you..

TAKE CARE ROBERT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home