Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Congratulations!

The love of my life got married the other day. Unfortunately she didn't get married to me.
Cho Wonsook
Wonsook gave me the best 4 years of my life before she decided she didn't think she could deal with the possible difficulties that might arise if our mixed culture relationship were to continue to the next stage. I believe we could have made it, but I think maybe she just didn't have enough courage in herself.

I wish it hadn't ended, but it did. The end was very sad, yes, but I am not bitter. How can you be bitter toward someone who was the center of your life, toward someone who left you because she wanted your life to be better.

I truly hope she will be happy with the person she has found. In fact, sometimes I worry about her happiness. But if she believes she has found the right person, I am happy for her.

I am not hanging on to lost loves; I just believe that the heart is big enough to hold more than one person at a time. I care for her and love her. I always will.


"'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
~ Alfred Tennyson: 'In Memoriam:21'


There was another marriage recently, too. My friend Ethan who lives back in Las Vegas got married a couple of weeks ago.
Ethan Grimes
He is an old friend but a good one. I couldn't be at the wedding in person, but I was there in spirit. I wish him and his new wife the best that the future has to offer. Good luck guys.


"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person"
~ Mignon McLaughlin quotes

"'Marriage': this I call the will that moves two to create the one which is more than those who created it."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home