Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Incredible (?) India

Apparently I do have a few people who read my blog. So I thought I would just let you know that Internet access in India may be a bit harder to come by, so my posts here may be a bit longer in coming. I promise I will post when I can, though.

Oh, and just to let you know, if you have never been to India before, Chennai (Madras) may not be the best introduction to the country. It was certainly cheap from southeast Asia, but arriving here gave me one of those "moments."

Some of you may know what kind of moments I mean. As I ride through traffic in the auto-rickshaw, fearing for the lives of those around us (I have already given up on my own life. You kind of have to do that when you make the decision to ride in one of these in India. If I go, I go. Not much I can do about it.), the stench/smells, the noise/sounds, the pollution/ uh...pollution, the arguing/haggling with the driver, everything just makes me think, what the heck have I gotten myself into.

Still it is all part of the journey, and as they say, the journey is the reward. But sometimes you just have to wonder why the reward for this particular event isn't any higher. It does get better, though. And just being here is a reward in itself.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home