Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Cambodia Part II

I'll just post the next set Siem Reap pictures without babbling on about any of them.



Have a look and let me know what you think if you have time.


India

Since I am in India, Let me just jot down a few thoughts while I am at the computer.

Here you always have to be careful and watch where you walk. It can be kind of difficult because your desire is to look up and see all the things going on around you. But it certainly is necessary to keep on eye on where you step. You never know if you are going to step into an open sewer, into the sewer overflowing on the street, on a beggar, or in a pile of shit- be it of the dog, cow, or human variety. After a while you a kind of get a sixth sense about walking and your eyes don't have to be pointing down all the time. Be careful though, from time to time your sixth sense may fail you. Luckily for me it hasn't lead me into an open sewer. I have stepped into something overflowing onto the street, but I am wondering if it might have been safer stepping into a pile of shit.

The place I stayed in Pondi was rather dreary. Peeling paint, yellowed bathroom, spotted sheets. It is certainly not a place I would stay if I was traveling with someone (unless they were as nonchalant about things as me), but it was just a bed for two nights, cheap, and I didn't feel like wandering around anymore in the heat of the day. One bright spot, though, was that just off the balcony, I could see a pair of eagles nesting in a coconut palm. When I was at the room I could hear them screech to each other and watch them fly in and out. So maybe every dark cloud does have a silver lining. You just have to look hard enough to find it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, Blogger jmlo said...

Incredible pictures—not a one of them boring. I would like to read what it's like to be there and what you thought about the place as well. Enjoy the heat. India sounds fascinating.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make it hard to choose just one picture. I am sure you could capture the sewer overflow and somehow make it look nice!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Alimamo said...

Thanks for the comment and compliments, jmlo and jo.

I might write more about Cambodia later, but I am getting a bit behind.

Happy holidays too you both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home