Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Random Photo from the Past

Penang, Malaysia, Sometime around January 2000.

I don't know what the Chinese says, but the English says 'YEE HOE CHICKS & FURNITURE'
This photo is from my first visit to Malaysia. Malaysia is a pretty nice country and an especially nice place to visit. It is both developed and developing so there are lots of interesting things to see and experience. The great road system makes it easy to get from one place to another.

Penang is a nice place, but I just didn't quite see the lure of it that some guide books mention. For me it was more of diversion and a gateway to the island of Langkawi. Now Langkawi is nice. Beaches, jungles, waterfalls, crocodile farms, what more could you want?

This photo was taken around one of the main travelers locations. Everything you might need or want is there, and with "Chicks* and Furniture" what more does a guy need. Notice the small tree starting to grow on the edge of the roof. I don't remember if that tree was there the last time I visited.

*For those of you who don't know, "chicks" is an English slang for girls.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger Joez said...

Hi,

I am Penangite. I am happy to know you like Penang. Cheers mate, Joez.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Omni said...

Did you try a durian while you were there?

(who's Omni?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home