Stuff I Know

Just stuff by me about me and my life, such as it is.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Mileage

No, I haven't posted in a while, but I haven't been all that lazy.

One thing I have been doing is riding my bike. With the consecutive streak ending about two weeks ago, for ten weeks I went on ten rides. The total distance (Is there a equivalent metric word for 'mileage'?) for those ten rides was 1024 km.

That's about about three times the distance from Seoul to Pusan and close to four times the distance from east coast to west coast. Unfortunately I was not traveling in a straight line. Most of the rides were loops out of and back into Andong. Much of the area I have covered before, but I did see some new interesting scenery.

Here is an image which shows the different routes I took.

KMZ files require Google Earth If you want to explore the routes more closely, you can download the KMZ file and peruse in in Google Earth. (If aren't using Google Earth yet, you really should be.)

If you want to see a Google Maps version, go to this page. Note that the routes are less precise than the Google Earth version and the map may slow your computer down if you have an old computer. Also, only a small area west of Andong has high resolution imagery. Have a look, though.

If you want to follow in my footsteps, the route labeled "06/30/07" runs through some pretty nice scenery. Canyons, rivers, valleys, mountains, the whole gamut. It is really nice after a rain shower when the air has been cleaned of all the haze. The green can certainly be amazing here.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home